MAKE A GIFT THAT WILL SUPPORT WARRIOR BATTALION FOR GENERATIONS
Please consider leaving a legacy for tomorrow by making a donation to Warrior Battalion. You can make a difference in the lives of our Nation’s veterans and their families. When you include the Warrior Battalion Fund in your will or other estate plans, you help strengthen our long-term ability to assist military families. Although wars come and go, the needs of Veterans, and their families, will continue for generations. We intend to be there for them for the duration and together with your support through the Warrior Battalion Fund, we will. Please consider supporting today, so that we can help them tomorrow!
After you have included the Warrior Battalion Fund in your estate plans, please let us know by sending us a copy of your will. If you or your estate planner has any questions, please contact Warrior Battalion at 502-504-3330 or Info@WarriorBattalion.org
Plans for Giving Through a Will or Trust:
Planned giving through wills and trusts can be as creative and versatile as the assets you intend to bequeath. If you would like to donate tangible assets such as real estate, works of art, vehicles and other similar items, please contact Info@WarriorBattalion.org
In appreciation for your long-term support, Planned giving to the Warrior Battalion Fund include:
- Acknowledgment of your gift in our annual report with supporter permission
- A certificate of acknowledgement
Some planned giving legacies to the Warrior Battalion Fund typically include, but are not limited to:
- Life Insurance Policies
- Stock, Bonds, Annuities and other Securities
- An outright gift of cash. Leave a specific dollar amount or designate a percentage of your estate to be given through your will or living trust.
- Give only the remainder, or residue, of your estate, or that which remains after bequests to loved ones have been made.
- Personal property
- Real estate (Real Property) is accepted on a case-by-case basis with valuation considerations. Real estate donations must include a written appraisal and a title free and clear of liens, restrictions, variances and other environmental liabilities and/or encumbrances that will negatively affect the value of the real estate, and/or expose the Warrior Battalion Fund to unwanted liabilities.)
You may designate your bequest in two ways:
- For the general purposes of the Warrior Battalion Fund (an unrestricted bequest).
- To be used to support a particular program or type of assistance (a restricted bequest). Programs include: Healing Events, Retreat Homes and Peer Mentor Training.
The following is an example of suggested language that you might consider presenting to your estate planner for inclusion in your will/trust:
“I give and bequeath to the Warrior Battalion Fund, P.O. Box 37 Mount Washington, KY 40047, a not-for-profit corporation (Tax ID# 86-2475973), the sum of $______, or _______% of my estate, to be used for the accomplishment of its general purpose (or for a specific purpose as indicated)”.