Zumbathon® for Warrior Battalion – Zumba Classes for Veteran Suicide Prevention
Zumbathon® for Warrior Battalion is an incredible event that supports military families and the mission to end veteran suicide!Volunteer Team Leaders (Zumba® instructors) can host these TWO HOURS of intense, pulse-pounding Latin and International Dance Fitness events for military families and civilian supporters to help raise funds for the charity Warrior Battalion. To volunteer to be trained as a Team Leader, register below.
The ultimate purpose of Zumbathon® for Warrior Battalion event are to reduce veteran suicide and assist military families by:
• Establishing camaraderie within the teams to cope with post-traumatic stress (anger, depression, loneliness, substance abuse and suicidal tendencies). Uniting veterans, families and supporters to care for each other in times of need.
• Training Team Leaders how to interact with suicidal veterans and the steps to assist them. Each team leader receives a three-year certificate as a peer mentor.
• Developing participants at the events into peer mentors and ambassadors who support struggling families and/or veterans.
• Physically and mentally challenging the teams of participants and leaders to dance in an effort to raise awareness about veteran suicide while building upon fitness.
How to set up your event with Zumba:
- Sign into their ZIN account on zumba.com
- Go to “My ZIN Home”
- Go to “My Events”
- Create an event
- Name it “Zumbathon® Charity Event for Warrior Battalion – <city>” (the “Zumbathon® Charity Event” portion is mandatory)
- Fill in the event details (date, location, instructors, ticket cost, etc)
This will start the approval process at Zumba Home Office. Once approved (usually with 2 working days), the event will be an official Zumbathon® and listed on the zumba.com event calendar.
Once your event is ready, submit your event details to Warrior Battalion